Tuesday 1 October 2013

HK Memory Chest Kit Club - October 2013

Hi there,

Today is a public holiday here (National Day), and while others are out and about, with half the population gathering round the harbour for the fireworks, we spent the day indoors. Did a bit of yoga with Miss C, while hubby went to the gym.

Other than that, I've been catching up on all the fall tv shows - YAY!! I have several favourites: Revenge, The Good Wife, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, Homeland, Bones, Vampire Diaries and some new favourites: Sleepy Hollow, The Blacklist, just to name a few.  What are your favourites?

At the same time, I'm trying to catch up with this blog (about time too). The first day of October also means a new month's kit club reveal, featuring My Mind's Eye papers.

October 2013 Kit
MME “Find Your Wings and Fly – Up and Away” Always
MME “Find Your Wings and Fly – Up and Away” Be Awesome
MME “Find Your Wings and Fly – Up and Away” Quatrefoil
MME “Find Your Wings and Fly – Up and Away” Rainbow Harlequin
MME “Find Your Wings and Fly – Up and Away” Decorative Stamps
MME “Find Your Wings and Fly – Up and Away” Enamel Dots
American Crafts Poolside Glitter Foam Stickers Black
Prima Flowers
Ribbon

Add-On Options
MME "Up and Away" Decorative Buttons
MME "Up and Away" Layered Stickers
MME "Up and Away" Sticker Accessory Sheet

October Sizzix Die
Sizzix Bigz Albany Rose

Here's the sketch and layouts that I did with this kit.


Now & Then
 I love these two comparison photos and it's purely coincidental that hubby is wearing a similar blue shirt each time (he insists they are not the same shirt). It's just so sweet and nostalgic to see the differences the years have made.
I added a mini doily under the printed doily and layered with one of the 3D stickers. These are just gorgeous and perfectly layered already.
Learning to journal more on my layouts.
I found an ampersand to match the paper style and cut it out with my eClips.

Extra Elements: blue and grey cardstock, Vintage photo distress ink

Bloom
 
I love this background paper as it is printed to look like multiple layers of papers.  I brushed on some gesso and added some pink spray ink before matting with some of the other pretty papers.
I also sprayed the flower with the same pink ink.
Gorgeous roses and leaves die cut with this month's Sizzix die.

Extra Elements: gesso, Heidi Swapp color shine in Primrose, pink/black/green cardstocks 


Some of the wonderful layouts by the rest of the team.
Tooth Fairy by Angela Collingwood
Don't Forget To Be Awesome by Angela McDaniel
Pirate Party by Angela McDaniel
Date In Rome by Erika Lui
Fly by Erika Lui

Sheung Wan Crop
8th September (Tuesday)
10:30am - 12:30pm
Hosted by Grace Wong

8th September (Tuesday)
7:30pm - 9:30pm
Hosted by Erika Lui

Discovery Bay Crop
10th September (Thursday)
10am - 12pm
Hosted by Angela McDaniel

Now I'm all caught up on the kit club posts, I'll be posting other layouts I completed during radio silence. 

Thanks for dropping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...